Friday, May 21, 2010

About Us.

G'Day my name is Dean Baxter and Back in Black Pythons is my blog name rather then business name as I don't see my passion for pythons as a business its a hobby and a life long fascination in herpetofauna that has led me to this stage in life where I now breed my pythons for the joy rather then the profit.
I've been keeping pythons since 2008 so I'm relatively new to the husbandry side of the scene, but since keeping my passion has grown ten fold to the point I now work full time as a rodent breeder, run a blog selling herp related prints which a mate and my self take plus a few contributions from friends, both these blogs can be accessed by scrolling down to the bottom of this page and clicking on tabs.
My favourite pythons at the moment are Centralian Carpets, the humble Coastal Carpet, SA and Uluru Womas and Axanthic Black-headed pythons, I also have a soft spot for monitors which started my passion as a youngster.
Currently I have a moderately small collection of 19 pythons but once I figure out what I wish to dedicate my breeding time to I'll probably cut down to 12 so I can concentrate on colours and temperaments. Keeping a smaller collection as a breeder allows me the time to pay more attention to my collection, which I believe will allow me to sell better settled hatchlings and a better understanding of each hatchlings needs as all pythons have different personalities, I also plan on moving from the generic melamine enclosure into more visually stimulating enclosures which I'll be sure to post once they are done and housing my pets.
If anyone has a question about me and Back in Black Pythons email me at backinblackpythons@gmail.com and I'll be sure to reply to you as soon as possible.
Kind regards,
Deano
Back in Black Pythons.

No comments:

Post a Comment